Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And I'm Back!


You know, I almost gave up on my blog and by looking at my past entries and the dates they were written on, it looked as if I were done. I guess recent inspiration and popular demand convinced me to embark on yet another try at blogging. I have a lot of respect for people who blog on a regular basis because it's not easy to have interesting topics to talk about everyday or however the blog is updated but I actually may have had some interesting things to say but decided to keep to myself.

Well for all of you who are new and for those who know me well, I am still in Luxembourg playing basketball and the season is actually at the end. I have one last game and then I will travel for about a month, on and off, before I head back home to the states. Lately, I've really been wanting to see so many different places and experiment different things. As I write this I just booked a flight to Berlin, Germany! There's a website called germanwings.com and they have an option called blind booking. It's where you pay 40 euros round trip and there is about 25-30 possible locations to go to. You book the flight and they don't tell you where you are going until you've payed! It's pretty exciting but I'm happy that I got the location I wanted to go to which was Berlin! Anyhow, I leave out on April 2nd and return the 4th and drive to Amsterdam, Netherlands only to return back to Luxembourg on tuesday! It should be a good time and I'm really looking forward to seeing new things.

As I was driving back from a city in Germany called ZweiBrucken (pronounced S-Vy-Brooken) or something like that :) it began to get dark extremely early and the wind was blowing hard and it started raining. It only lasted for about 10 minutes but it rained pretty hard and I was stuck in traffic because of a big accident on the highway. I rolled down my window and the weirdest thing happened.....I smelled the fresh rain on the ground and all these good memories and good feelings overwhelmed me! They were mainly from when I was a kid and how the little things used to be so new to me and I guess I just appreciated them more then. Things like the rain, sunshine,green grass, and thunderstorms. There are many more but it seems like when you get older it's easier to forget how the little things used to get you so excited. I'm trying to look at things now days as if I've not seen them in a while or I may never see them again because I truly believe everyday I have on this earth to see, hear, feel, and experience is a blessing from God and I would like to try and take advantage of every opportunity I have. That's not to say that I won't fall back into my old ways of taking everything for granted but I am going to try not to.

Enough about green grass and sappy stuff :) I need to get ready for my trip by planning activities and booking hostels. I am going to try and keep this blog updated a bit more often though :) Until next time..............

No comments:

Post a Comment